Sony Xperia L
Meet a beautifully crafted Android mobile that lets you capture every moment perfectly.
Sony Xperia L delivers stunning shots in any light. Built with the same modules as leading Sony cameras, it comes with an 8 MP camera and features an Exmor RS™ for mobile image sensor and HDR for both pictures and videos.
Designed with a large 4.3” (10.92 cm) display and superior screen quality, this Android mobile makes images feel as crisp and bright as the day you shot them.
The camera is built with the same modules as leading Sony cameras. Exmor RS™ for mobile is an evolution of our Sony image sensor technology, with a next-generation BSI light sensor. By adopting the technology of luminance and colour noise reduction, we’ve created a camera that snaps highly detailed shots with low noise – even in challenging lighting conditions. You’re now also able to reproduce objects in more vivid colours and capture night images and faces with stunning clarity.
HDR (High Dynamic Range) is an imaging technology that gives you clear photos against strong backlight. With HDR, your Android smartphone captures the same image at different exposure levels and layers them to create one optimised photo. And thanks to HDR for video, you can film in high contrast situations. You get great footage, even if your subject stands in front of a window or the setting sun.
With its 4.3(10.92 cm) display, Xperia L is neither too big nor too small. And since it’s also lightweight, this Android mobile becomes the ideal match for someone that’s always on the go. The elegant, slim look is paired with a distinctive Sony design, making it fit your hand like a glove.
With a generous 4.3(10.92 cm) display, this HDR camera phone comes with a screen size that´s big enough for immersive entertainment, without being bulky.
Have you ever spent hours setting up connections between various gadgets in your home? Well, now those days are over. NFC (Near Field Communication) gives you a quick and easy way to wirelessly connect all your electronic devices with just one touch. See photos or videos from your smartphone on your TV. Or play music through a wireless speaker. No fiddling with cables, buttons or settings. Just pure entertainment – just so easy.
Sony Xperia L - Specs
- Device TypeSmart Phone
- ModelC2104, C2105
- Launched01 March, 2013
- Expected Price01-05-2013
- Type Design Type called form factor refers to a mobile phone's size, shape, and style as well as the layout and position of major components of phone. There are three major form factors seen in mobile phones => bar phones, folding phones and sliding phones.Bar
- Dimensions128.7 x 65 x 9.7 mm (5.07 x 2.56 x 0.38 inch)
- Weight137 grams (4.83 oz)
- ColorsBlack, Red, White
- 2G NetworkGSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G NetworkHSDPA 900 / 2100 - C2105
HSDPA 850 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100 - C2104
- SIM SIM (Subscriber Identity Module) is a small card that contains mobile network subscriber's account information. This allows the phone using the card to attach to a mobile network. The SIM card is most commonly associated with GSM and UMTS mobile networks. Moving a SIM card from one phone to another allows a subscriber to switch mobile phones without having to contact their mobile network carrier. SIM cards can also be used by a phone to store limited amounts of data, such as phone numbers and text messages.Standard SIM
- Dual SIMNo
- Display Type Display Technology => A number of display technologies and types used in mobile phones => TFT (Thin Film Transistor), IPS (In-Place Switching), OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode), AMOLED (Active-Matrix Organic Light-Emitting Diode), Super AMOLED (an even advanced version of AMOLED), Resistive Touchscreen (Resistive touchscreens contain two layer of conductive material with a very small gap between them which acts as a resistance), Capacitive Touchsceen (Capacitive touchscreen technology consists of a layer of glass coated with a transparent conductor)TFT
- Size4.3 inches
- Resolution480 x 854 pixels
- Display Colors Display Colors is refers to the number of different shades of colors that the screen is capable of displaying => 64K colors, 256K colors and 16 million colors, Obviously 16M is highest available range of colors and better than others.16M colors
- Pixel Density Pixel Density (PPI) is refers to the concentration of pixels on a particular display, measured in pixels per inch (ppi). Pixel density is calculated by dividing the diagonal pixel resolution of a display by its diagonal size, higher pixel density better display quality.228 ppi pixel density
- Touch ScreenCapacitive touchscreen
- Display Protection Display Protection => Gorilla Glass is a special alkali-aluminosilicate glass shield with exceptional damage resistance that helps protect mobile displays from scratches, drops, and bumps of everyday use, It is always better to go for a smartphone with Gorilla Glass for that added protection and peace of mind.Scratch resistant glass
- FeaturesMultitouch up to 4 fingers
- Audio PlaybackMP3, Wave
- Video PlaybackYes
- FM RadioStereo FM radio with RDS
- Alert TypesVibration, ringtones
- Ring TonesMP3, WAV
- Handsfree3.5mm Headphone Jack
- Main Camera is able to capture photographs and usually videos, The most important characteristics of a camera are the resolution (measured in megapixels), lens focus type (fixed or automatic), higher megapixel cameras are known to capture higher quality photos, but not always a good measurement of the photos quality.8 mega pixels
- Image3264 x 2448 pixels
- VideoYes, 720p@30fps, HDR
- Camera FeaturesGeo-tagging, autofocus, touch focus, face and smile detection, image stabilization, HDR, sweep panorama
- Flash Flash Light => There is commonly two types of flash lights are used in camera mobile phones, LED Flash (LED flash offers lower power consumption with drive circuitry that takes up very little room, LEDs can be strobed faster than any other light source), Xenon Flash (xenon flash produces an extremely intense full-spectrum white light for a very short duration)LED flash
- Operating System OS => Every computer system run on a base software called Operating System (OS). Operating System controls all basic operations of the computer (such as smartphone, PDAs, tablet computers and other handheld devices). The Operating System allows the user to install and run third party applications (apps), apps are used to add new functionality to the device.Android OS, v4.1 (Jelly Bean), upgradable to v4.2.2
- User Interface UI or user interface of a device is the look and feel of the on-screen menu system. How it works, its color scheme, how it responds to button presses, all of these things are part of the user interface.Sony UI
- Java Support Java for Mobile Devices is a set of technologies that let developers deliver applications and services to all types of mobile handsets, ranging from price efficient feature-phones to the latest smartphones. Java is currently running on over 3 billion phones worldwide, and growing. It offers unrivaled potential for the distribution and monetization of mobile applications.Yes, via Java MIDP emulator
- Facebook Facebook is a popular free social networking website that allows registered users to create profiles, upload photos and video, send messages and keep in touch with friends, family and colleagues. The site is available in 37 different languages.
- Youtube Youtube is a popular free video-sharing website, Youtube is the largest video sharing site in the world, Millions of users around the world have created accounts on the site that allow them to upload videos that anyone can watch.
- Chipset Chipset is a group of integrated circuits designed to perform one or a more dedicated functions, often with real time computing constraints, Popular smartphones are equipped with more advanced embedded chipsets that can do many different tasks depending on their programming.Qualcomm MSM8230 Snapdragon
- CPU CPU (Central Processing Unit) mostly known as processors, CPU processes instructions in order to carry out certain functions that make your device operate properly. Processors are often described as the brain of computers, smartphones and tablets, Smartphones and tablets rely on processors to carry out their every task, Processors are an incredibly important factor in selecting any type of computing device, including your smartphone.Dual-core 1 GHz
- GPU GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) is a single-chip processor designed to rapidly manipulate and alter memory to accelerate the creation of images in a frame buffer intended for output to a display, This includes things such as lighting effects, object transformations, and 3D motion.Adreno 305
- RAM (Memory) RAM (Random Access Memory) is a type of computer memory that can be accessed randomly, any byte of memory can be accessed without touching the preceding bytes that allows information to be stored and accessed quickly from random locations. RAM is the most common type of memory found in computer systems, smartphones, tablets and other electronic devices.1 GB
- Internal Storage Internal Storage is a data storage space (flash memory) mostly used in smartphones, tablets and other electronic devices where operating system, apps, music, photos, videos, files and other user data Is stored.8 GB
- Card Slot Memory Card Slot is a special slot for inserting a memory card. Memory cards allow you to expand the phone's built-in memory, A memory card (sometimes called a flash memory card or a storage card) is a small storage medium used to store data such as text, pictures, audio, and video, for use on small, portable or remote computing devices such as mobile phones, mp3 players, digital cameras.Yes, microSD, up to 32 GB
- Sensors Sensors are electronic components that detects and responds to some type of input from the physical environment. The specific input could be light, heat, motion, moisture, pressure and location, The output is generally a signal that is converted to use in computing systems, a location sensor, such as a GPS receiver is able to detect current location of your electronic device.Accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Bluetooth Bluetooth is a wireless communications technology for exchanging data between mobile phones, headsets, computers and other network devices over short distances without wires, Bluetooth technology was primarily designed to support simple wireless networking of personal consumer devices.Yes, v4.0 with A2DP
- Infrared Infrared connectivity is an old wireless technology used to connect two electronic devices. It uses a beam of infrared light to transmit information and so requires direct line of sight and operates only at close range.
- Wi-fi Wi-Fi is a popular wireless networking technology using radio waves to provide high-speed network connections that allows devices to communicate without cords or cables, Wi-Fi is increasingly becoming the preferred mode of internet connectivity all over the world.Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA
- Wi-fi Hotspot
- USBYes, microUSB v2.0
- GPS GPS The Global Positioning System is a satellite-based radio navigation system, GPS permits users to determine their position, velocity and the time 24 hours a day, in all weather, anywhere in the world, In order to locate your position, your device or GPS receiver must have a clear view of the sky.Yes, with A-GPS
- NFC NFC (Near field communication) is a set of standards for smartphones and similar devices to establish peer-to-peer radio communications with each other by touching them together or bringing them into proximity, usually no more than a few inches.
- HDMI HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) is a compact audio/video interface for transferring uncompressed video data and compressed or uncompressed digital audio data from a HDMI-compliant source device to a compatible computer monitor, video projector, digital television, or digital audio device.
- GPRS GPRS (General Packet Radio Service) is a packet oriented mobile data service on the 2G and 3G cellular communication system's global system for mobile communications (GSM), Generally, GPRS is used for the purpose of wireless data transfer, such as sharing pictures and videos or browsing the Internet via a mobile phone connection.
- EDGE EDGE (Enhanced Data GSM Environment) is a wireless network technology generally considered the next step in the 2G network offers data transfer rates up to four times faster than ordinary GSM networks, Generally, EDGE is used for the purpose of wireless data transfer, such as sharing pictures and videos or browsing the Internet via a mobile phone connection.
- SpeedHSDPA, 21 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps
- Web Browser Web Browser => a web browser is a software application used to locate, retrieve and display content on the World Wide Web, including Web pages, images, video and other files, The primary function of a web browser is to render HTML, the code used to design or markup webpages.Yes, HTML5
- SMS SMS (Short Messaging Service) is a text messaging service component of phone, Web, or mobile communication systems. It uses standardized communications protocols to allow mobile phone devices to exchange short text messages over the networks.Yes (threaded view)
- MMS MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) is a standard way to send messages that include multimedia content (audio clips, video clips and images) to and from mobile phones over wireless networks using the WAP protocol.
- Email Email (Electronic Mail) is a system for receiving, sending, and storing electronic messages, Similar to a letter, email is text messages that may contain files, images, or other attachments sent via the internet to a recipient by using applications and software prograps. An email address is required to receive email, and that address is unique to the user.Yes
- IM IM (Instant Messaging) is an exchange of text messages through a software application, it enable you to create a kind of private chat room with another individual in order to communicate in real time over the Internet.Yes
- Battery Type Battery Type => Cell phones run on various kinds of batteries depending on the manufacturer, phone size or shape and features. There are basically four types of cell phone batteries => Lithium Polymer, Lithium Ion, Nickel Metal Hydride and Nickel Cadmium.Li-Ion (Lithium Ion)
- Capacity Battery Capacity is a measure (typically in Amp-hr) of the charge stored by the battery, and is determined by the mass of active material contained in the battery. The battery capacity represents the maximum amount of energy that can be extracted from the battery under certain conditions.1750 mAh
- Standby Standby Time is the total amount of time that you can leave your is fully charged, turned on and ready to send and receive calls or data transmissions before completely discharging the battery.Up to 498 hrs (2G) / Up to 454 hrs (3G)
- Talk Time Talk Time is the longest time that a single battery charge will last when you are constantly talking on the phone under perfect conditions, Ambient temperature and highly dependent on the cellular network environment such as the distance to the closest cell network tower.Up to 8 hrs 30 min (2G) / Up to 9 hrs (3G)
- Fast ChargingUp to 44 hours